Topic: Link Building
Why Link Building is Important
In search engine optimization, "off page" factors have become more and more important as they relate to rankings. In particular, solid link popularity can literally make or break a site with the search engines.
The hyperlink is at the heart of the web - it allows people to move quickly from one document to another or from one site to another. This simple concept creates a powerful communicates tool that can be harnessed to deliver your business or organizational objectives.
Learning how link building works and how you can create an effective linking strategy will help your site become an important part of any online marketing plan.
Here we describe a methodology for planning and implementing your own link building strategy. You may choose to do it yourself or if you have the budget, work with
appropriate specialists to complete your plan.However, some words of warning. Generating inbound links to your site is not enough - you must generate quality inbound links. There is no magic trick to this - it demands hard, systematic work - but the rewards can be well worth the effort. If you are up for that challenge, this report will help you.
What are the benefits of an effective link building strategy?
Here are some of the main benefits:
· Following a link is one of the most popular ways for people to find new sites. If a site or a writer that you respect gives a link to further resources, then because of that respect you’re likely to follow it. Therefore, the more inbound links you have to your site, the greater the opportunities for people to find your valuable content.
· Search engines give sites with good inbound and outbound links a higher ranking. The logic goes that if you provide outbound links to other material you are providing a valuable service: and, if other sites link to you then you must have content of value.
· Having a link building strategy forces you to ask the fundamental question, "Why would anyone want to link to you?" The answer of course is that you provide something of value: you need to be clear about what that value is.
· Inbound links help to build trust. If people see that a popular or respected site links to you, then their level of trust in what you say and what you offer is likely to be higher.
· Perhaps most importantly, you become part of a community. In every field of activity on the web there will be a number of key sources. Linking to them and providing valuable content that they can link to will make you a part of a powerful virtual network.